07/01/2012

The Iron Knight #4

           JULIE KAGAWA: THE IRON KNIGHT


  • Title: THE IRON KNIGHT #4                      Author: Julie Kagawa
  • Publisher: Harlequin Teen                               Release date: October 2011
  • Pages: 394                                                    Price: 9.99$/ 7.66
  • Extra: excerpt from Julie Kagawa's new series Blood of Eden


My name- my True Name- is Ashallayn' darkmyr Tallyn. I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court.
And I am dead to her. 
My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl...

   It was really a pleasure to read this fourth and last book in the Iron Fey series. 
In this one, we follow Ash's thoughts whereas we were following those of Meghan in the previous books. It is a good idea as we can understand a little better what Ash is thinking, his feelings; he opens up more to us.
Ash, ex-Winter prince, has a quest to fulfill in order to find true happiness next  to his beautiful and strong Meghan. However, it will not go smoothly. Trials are on the way, they could possibly end his life. 
We encounter new landscapes, new interesting creatures, others we thought had been long gone, come back to help and haunt our dear Ash.
It is thrilling to see how truly imaginative Julie Kagawa is. She pays attention to details to our great delight. In fact, I am completely fascinated by her world, her characters...I particularly enjoyed reading what the river of dreams was. 
Puck is still out there and we witness the ups and downs of his not so friendly relationship with Ash, which will change in this book, as nearly everything is questioned.
As usual, it is a fascinating story with lots of emotion, action and characters. Emotion and trials are important and we suffer along our protagonists.
To sum up, this last instalment closes the Iron Fey series magnificently.

3 commentaires:

  1. May I write in english? lol
    Beautiful review! I'm delighted you loved it!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Yes, of course, you can write in English, it is a good exercise for the both of us!
    Thanks a lot! Yes, I really love it, but I stand by what I said, I prefer Puck, I let you Ash^^, lol

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. ahahaha you have no choice, Ash is mine :DDD

    RépondreSupprimer